Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Ice Cream!

This might be the last chance you get this season to make some Snow Ice Cream! Since the kids are out of school today, this would be a great activity for them to use up some of their spare time. I don't have the proper ingredients here in Florida for testing these recipes, so I'm leaving it up to all of you "snowbirds" to try them and let me know how they turn out.

Some of you might have seen this recipe before
from Paula Deen on Food Network, but I thought it was worth mentioning again on a day like today.

8 cups snow, or shaved ice
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place snow or shaved ice into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.


This recipe I found over at Beliefnet.com from Valerie Reiss.
It sounds delish, Valerie!

2-3 cups clean snow (I skimmed off the top of my freshly snowed fire escape)
2 TBs half-and-half
1 TB maple syrup
1 TB cocoa powder
1 dash pure vanilla

Add ingredients to medium-small bowl, smoosh with a spoon, serve and enjoy! Serves one or two depending on appetite.

Enjoy your snow day, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment